Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Stop Work Order

I look at the pictures from the last post--near Thanksgiving, and everyone is in shorts and t-shirts. Tomorrow is New Year's Day and I have no progress to report. I got a stop work order from my friendly neighborhood building inspector because I didn't have pictures, only a written description and engineering specs on the next phase of my project. The county had approved the plan, but I guess they hold the right to change their mind in mid-stream. I hope to hear back from my very patient draftsman and engineer next week and we can get back on track once again. I haven't even started putting walls up yet and I am beginning to become concerned about my two-year limitation on my building plan approval. What happens if I don't get it finished, or I run out of money due to all these set backs? Do they make me tear it down and start over? Probably I get to pay all the fees over again.... Kind of like a 21st century version of debtors prison. I will keep you all posted as to my progress.

No comments: