Saturday, October 25, 2008

With most of the work done on the music studio, I have turned my attention to the house once again. With the help of Paul and Mike, and an interesting guy named Cougar, we were able to pour the floor for the garage. I didn't get any pictures of the finishing work because I ran that machine--due to my extensive experience with floor buffers in my early years at the Air Force Academy. It took 14 yards of cement to fill the stem wall and cover the 30 X 31 foot floor.




Paul and I cut some expansion joints in the slab--that I will fill later with silicon. I am trying to keep the slab moist, to cure slower. This has raised the potential of some very shallow puddles that my grandsons have enjoyed. Probably not that healthy with the cement dust in the water, but both moms were not present, so hopefully I won't get in trouble. They never read this blog anyway.



No comments: